November has been pretty eye opening for me. I’ve had ups and downs, and I think writing it in a blog post will help me figure out what has happened.
- People can be shit. I guess you learn more about yourself and the people around you as time goes on. I learned a lot about people this past month. I found myself becoming closer to people and dropping some people from my life. I stopped letting people mess me around and decided I’m worth more than that. People don’t change and they never will. Just don’t involve me in your bad times.
- I can perform Spoken Word. An open mic night showed me that I can perform my Spoken Word live and I can feel proud of it. I felt like my work was actually good for once.
- Blogging is hard. Blogging is hard. Keeping up with your blog is hard.Though, it is always rewarding in the end.
- I’m worth more than I think. I’ve always felt that I’m not worth something, but this month has shown me that I am.
- Family is important. I have never realised how important the people close to you are.
- There will always be people who don’t understand and criticise you for what you do. And that is okay. I just don’t want to be your friend or interact with you.
- You learn a lot about lots of other people. I think that is pretty interesting and gives me a different take on life.
- Being a feminist is hard. It is difficult to have views in a world where you normally get trolled for it. I just need to write more Spoken Word on why feminism is important.
- Look after yourself. Put yourself 1st all the time. I’ve had a not so good time this month but it can always be healed by taking time for myself. Step back, breathe and relax.
- You can always work through things. Had an argument with a friend? You can solve it. Bad patch with your boyfriend/girlfriend? It can be worked through.
- Everyone has bad times, but you always come out the other end. The world won’t end tomorrow, you’re okay.
- Dogs really like cake.
- I’m not as fat as I think I am.
- Everyone has scars. Everyone feels self conscious.
- If it makes you happy, do it. Don’t care what other people think. You only have one life… make the most of it.
- Reading helps everything. A book can solve anything and help you take a step back. Take a moment out of reality and chill.
- Things don’t always go the way you think they will. I talked about this in one of my blog posts. Things happen for a reason and we should accept that.
- Autumn is really pretty.
- Hot showers make you feel better if you’re having a crap day. Especially during these colder months.
- November is always a weird month. It always seem in-between things and lots of weird things happen during it. Though, just keep on going.
See you soon, Rachel ❤