This is a bit different to what I usually post, but I was actually nominated for something? The Sunshine Blogger Award is a peer recognition award for bloggers who inspire positivity and joy in the blogging community. I was absolutely overjoyed when Soph.Creates and Sophie tagged me. Go and check out their blogs!
The rules are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions which the blogger who nominated you asked.
- Nominate 11 bloggers.
- Ask them 11 questions different from the ones you’ve answered
- List the rules.
- Display the Sunshine Blogger Logo in your post or blog site
- What’s your favourite colour and why (or why not, if you haven’t got one)?
I actually like quite a lot of colours, and I think it’s difficult to say I have a favourite. I think it depends on the season, as to what colours I warm to. I tend to wear a lot of red at the moment? Maybe that’s what I love?
2. What’s one thing you’ve learned about yourself through blogging?
That I don’t have to be perfect 24/7 and blogging is really important to me when I’m having a really bad time.
3. Does social media inspire or drain you?
Social media really is a love/hate thing for me. Sometimes I’m a major fan of the way it can influence people around the world and you can meet some spectacular people. Sometimes, I find social media a really painful bitch for when you’re feeling crap about yourself, and social media makes you feel so lonely and worthless about everything.
4. If your house was on fire and you could save one object, what would you save?
I have this teddy that I’ve had since I was born. I used to sleep with it every night, but now it’s just more like a good luck charm. It holds a lot of memories, it’s been to a lot of places, so it’s something I want to hold onto forever.
5. Where was the last place you travelled to?
How far are we talking here? I travelled to Manchester the other night and got absolutely wasted off my face. I went to Lytham the other weekend. I travelled to America last year and saw some amazing sights on Anna Maria and Marco Island.
6. What are your other hobbies?
Tend to read, write poetry or spoken word when I feel the motivation, spend time with friends, have brunch with bloggers, study a lot and continue to be determined to reach what I want. Is that detailed enough?
7. If you were giving the option to go to space for £1,000,000, would you go?
Certainly would, aren’t we all just nosey human beings?
8. What is something you’ve done that you’re proud of?
I’m fairly proud of myself for gaining my degree when I had so much going on during it, and I worked really hard for it. I’m also proud of myself for ending my last relationship, because I knew how hard it was for me, but I had to do the right thing, and the universe has since rewarded me for that hard decision.
9. What is your dream job?
If I could, I’d probably want to spend my life writing, travelling the world and seeing the real issues that are happening. I would probably be more involved in feminism and human rights issues than I am now.
10. Best feel good film ever?
I watched Love, Simon the other day and it gave me all the feels. Such a beautiful story, and such a lovely film.
11. What would you learn, if you could learn anything?
I would learn a language and actually be able to speak it! I’m terrible with any kind of language learning, but I want to be able to speak something else, definitely.
Thanks so much for nominating me Soph and Sophie, I was really shocked by the nominations! I’m nominating some beautiful people in my life, who I am really lucky to know! ❤
- Missy @ Contour Allure
- Lacey @ Lacey Fitspo
- Elsa @ Elsa Eats
- Laura @ Smile at Style
- Danielle @ Kiht
- Tanesha @ Tanesha Jade
- Faye @ The Fussy Feeder
- Jacinta @ Jacinta Dawn Russell
- Pablo @ Mr Trainers
- Ellie @ Eleanor Graceful
- Eve @ Critiques of a Critic
My questions are:
- What is your favourite season and why?
- Why did you start blogging in the first place?
- What topics does your blog cover/what do you want to cover?
- Favourite social media?
- Somewhere you’d visit if you could?
- What’s your favourite brunch food?
- Coffee or tea? Or neither?
- How long have you been blogging?
- Somewhere that makes you happy?
- What have you achieved this month?
- Future goals?
Love, Rachel x